Yeti Tundra 45 Cooler
Product: Yeti Cooler
Model: Tundra 45
Price: Check the current price on Amazon
Sent from Yeti
The first thing that comes to mind when you see a Yeti is just how thick and solid it looks. It seems overkill for a cooler, and it is, but then again most coolers only keep ice for about a day. I’ve had the opportunity over the last several weeks to review Yeti’s most popular cooler, the Tundra 45. It is the perfect size for storage and portability and it really just is an awesome all around cooler. It also does such a good job of keeping ice I feel like Yeti should adopt Ice, Ice, Baby as their theme song. I’m sure you’ve heard all the stories about how ice lasts for days and that is absolutely true. I used the Yeti while on a houseboat for five days where the temperature was consistently in the mid 90’s, and it did an awesome job keeping the ice solid and the beer cold. It wasn’t until the fifth day that the ice was completely melted, but the water was still cold enough to be painful if you kept your hand in it for too long.
Huntin’, fishin’, and lovin’ every day….okay that’s actually a Luke Bryan song, but it can be used for all those things. In all seriousness there are unlimited uses for a Yeti cooler that don’t just stop at hunting and fishing. I’ve used this Yeti for tailgating, camping, a day at the lake, as a step stool, and as a seat. It really does excel when you’re fishing however. It keeps everything very cold and it is incredibly durable. You can keep your bait, beer, lunch, and fish limit in the cooler and you know that it will all stay cold.
All Yeti Tundra coolers are backed by a 5-year limited warranty, that being said I highly doubt you will have to use it since this cooler is bear proof, however it is there if you need it. The warranty, like almost all warranties, only covers defects in material and workmanship. So if you do a burnout with a dirt bike on the lid and melt a groove into it (yes this is a real thing, see the picture below) then Yeti will not and should not have to cover it. However, I have heard that Yeti is very accommodating with their warranty and if there is an issue with the cooler that is not your fault and you are the original owner then you should be good to go.
I’m really passionate about Rakes
Used Yeti 50 with a dirt bike burnout mark
- Drain plug allows for easy water removal without opening the cooler and trying to dump water
- Latches, handles, and feet are all very durable
- You can lock the cooler so no one can steal your beer
- You can strap down the yeti to a truck bed, boat, etc.
- It is cupholder and fishing rod holder compatible
- Ice retention is phenomenal
- Durability – it’s stupid tough
- Yeti stands by their products and honors the warranty
- Price, price, price
- It is heavy
The cooler is awesome, just pull the trigger on it if you hunt, fish, camp, or spend days on the lake or beach. If you’re using a kayak however, there are better coolers suited for fishing.
Tips to Keep Ice Longer
- Pre cool the cans you put into the yeti so the ice doesn’t melt trying to cool warm cans.
- Fill the cooler to the very top with ice, this limits the amount of air the ice has to cool and helps it last way longer
- Keep your Yeti out of direct sunlight
- Limit the number of times you open the cooler, each time puts new warm air into the cooler that the ice has to cool again.
- Pre cool the actual cooler itself with a bag of ice ahead of time
- If you’re feeling crazy get a few blocks of dry ice but be sure to leave the drain plug open to release the co2 buildup. Also your beer will freeze.
Heath lives in North Carolina and is an avid fisherman and all around outdoorsman.All stories by: Heath Anderson
You might also like
- ICECO Portable Electric Cooler Review https://www.bassgrab.com/wp-content/uploads/2022-04-14-16.20.41-1200x540.jpg 1080 486 BassGrab BassGrab https://www.bassgrab.com/wp-content/uploads/2022-04-14-16.20.41-1200x540.jpg
- Orca Walker Tote Cooler Review https://www.bassgrab.com/wp-content/uploads/orca-walker-tote-1200x540.jpg 1080 486 BassGrab BassGrab https://www.bassgrab.com/wp-content/uploads/orca-walker-tote-1200x540.jpg
- What Are the Best Coolers for Your Kayak https://www.bassgrab.com/wp-content/uploads/kayak-fishing-cooler-bag-1200x675.jpg 1080 608 BassGrab BassGrab https://www.bassgrab.com/wp-content/uploads/kayak-fishing-cooler-bag-1200x675.jpg